I Musicanti Publishing presents the first in a series of brand new transcriptions of Mozart’s complete works for violin and orchestra. Beginning with the Violin Concerto no 5, the series will cover the five solo concertos, the Sinfonia Concertante for violin and viola, and the Concertone for two violins. All the transcriptions are for solo instrument(s) and string quintet.
Produced in the spirit of transcriptions of large works for small groups that were commonly made in the pre-recording era, this reduction will prove useful for musicians and students in many situations:
- Performers and promoters obliged to work with reduced numbers, eg for Covid-safety compliance or where space is limited
- Soloists wanting to rehearse this major concerto in a realistic ensemble setting
- String ensembles looking for unusual repertoire programming angles
- Teachers demonstrating the art of concerto string playing
- Participatory string courses
- Informal chamber music-making
Upon payment you will receive an email with a download link to download the PDF.